Monday, 10 March 2014

Do You Want To Be " Change "

First off, I know it has been some time since I posted an article lately, pretty long time actually, but will be getting back on my feet, well chair, and start to post things again.

I have been thinking about the 2 years that I spent on creating change for schools in my area, getting connected to the school board here, pushing and pressing forward with my passion and dedication towards what I strongly believe needs to change and to become better, and that was for a much more positive and a better anti bullying prevention plan. I have helped a ton of people over the years with issues of bullying, depression, abuse, and more all related to bullying. I always strongly believed that if you never give up on something that you are fully passionate about, something would come out of it, and in 2 years, I had my opportunity to create that change that I have always dreamed of, to help people in my area and to really make a big positive change. However, something has come up in my life that I had to decide one or the other, and I would like to be clear, it was not cause of money, greed, or anything to do with that, rather it had something to do with my feelings for someone that made me choose, but my desire to help people has and will never change.

Never believe that your efforts are pointless. Never feel like if you do something people will laugh, people may judge, but there will always be that one person in the group who will truly understand. I learned that when I made various speeches during my little push for change, have opened people's eyes, big or little, I remember a kid was sitting in the front row of one of my very first speeches I made, I was so nervous being the first time after a while doing a speech to so many. It was so hard that I sometimes would stumble and even froze up a little during it, but i focused and kept my mind on it, had a mind set to " bring it ", and I did. So much so that that kid, and other people as well, would start to mention me in their speeches, in their questions, in anything they wanted to tell the board, even a few people said that they had no plans of saying something, but seeing me and hearing what I said changed that. You have no idea how it feels having people come up to you for the first time and admire what you have done and said until you have lived it yourself.

Everyone has what it takes to create change, some may not have the time, some may not know how, but everyone has it in them to make things better, to create change. Never give up hope, and never think that your efforts were all for nothing. Every little thing you do, will mean so much to others, so go out there and give all you got and bring it, give everything you got, and in time, others will follow your example. NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

No comments:

Post a Comment