Monday, 25 November 2013

Took A Little Over 2 YEARS.....To Get My Anti Bullying Idea Heard....

I have shared my idea to a school board for an anti bullying idea 2 years ago, talked about it at meetings, emails, and facebook posts. Have went to my old high school to talk to the principle and a few teachers there about it ( during lunch time when they were not busy ). Done all that and more, got no response, pulled away from it to focus on getting a job and all that for my future, then just last week, I get a response from them again asking to call me. I talked to them over the phone and they seemed to really like it. I was real excited at the time about it and everything, but then I look back and see all the effort I put, and also start thinking about my future....

2 YEARS.... it took 2 years to finally get to them that something needs to change about bullying.... 2 YEARS... I know time does not matter when it comes to creating a real positive change and everything and knowing that things are really changing and everything, but putting so much effort into it, and not paying much attention on what I need for my future, a job and everything, and not getting any response from them till last week... as much as I want to just step in and make the change... I have to think about my future...

Here is a little message that I emailed them and left them:

"I would, however, like my idea to be heard, of giving the students, those who are bullied and depressed, a chance to feel wanted, to feel needed in their school by giving them an opportunity to really step up and make a difference in their schools, to be given more free will in their school, meaning allowed to freely leave class early if they are not comfortable or if they are being bullied in class. My proposal would have given students that, to step out of class when they needed to, and work on making the school safer by monitoring the halls and classrooms, by reporting issues that they wish to report ( regarding bullying, like seeing kids being physically or verbally bullied ). It would also allow them to do what they wish to do in their schools, as long as it is not harmful to others, and follows the rules set by the school, giving students more room to open up and do more and give more to the school. It would provide them with leadership skills, and have creative control, letting them be creative and come up with all sorts of ideas they wish to share with the school. "

No comments:

Post a Comment